Changelog for MonoX 22.214.171.12440 (released on 2012-11-22):
Changelog for MonoX 4.5.2915 (released on 2011-09-01):
- Introduced "social login" functionality based on the SocialAuth.net library. Removed Janrain's service as a defautl provider of social login functionality
- Added page/part source code editor verb to support interactive editing of all front-end components
- Changed the default theme/skin in preparation for simpler skinning procedure
- Support for responsive designs
- Support for avatar image cropping
- Added "people you may know" functionality
- Changed the functionality of the "social dashboard" demo page to be in line with major social networks
- Introduced major changes to the user profile parts/pages
- Intoduced new "InMail" messaging center
- Added HTML5 navigation menu part
- Added provider filters to the main search box
- Introduced "linkify" functionality
- Introduced HTML5 video player
- Added support for multiple boards per group
- Added new cache and session provider
- Added MP4 encoder
- Added calendar events search provider
- Extended SilverlightUploadModule with MaxFileCount, MaxFileSize and MaxUploadSize properties
- Extended logging via Log4Net
- Exposed / Extended API for CaptchaModule and PasswordRecovery module
- Extended MembershipEditor so developers can modify the e-mail templates sent to new users
- Changed calendar events to support many-to-many relation with calendar
- Introduced support for meta viewport setting in web.config, essential for responsive designs
- Numerous additions and improvements for the file gallery and album modules
- Full support for HTML5, including the main HTML tag on a page
- Extended events part
- New Google maps part
- Fixed bugs related to verbs visibility with roles which are partial editors
- Fixed HTML editor bug with saving changes made to multiple editors on a same page
- Fixed MailSender issue with plain text content and HTML content when mail is sent to the Google mail service
- Fixed Discussion search provider security issue related to private groups
- Fixed WallNote notification bug
- Fixed DB resource provider - upgrade to .NET 4.0
- Fixed Amazon provider to work with spaces and special characters in filenames
- Various WAO-related corrections
- Fixed discussion board user reputation issues
- Resolved search providers performance issues
- MonoX mobile: a complete set of new mobile Web parts and pages based on the jQuery mobile framework
- Full support for the WYSIWYG editor mode - page style is reflected to all elements in the HTML editor
- Totally redesigned Web part catalog, introducing performance improvements and support for drag-and-drop in all major browsers
- Enhancements of the Web part zones, using the "tableless" Web part zone as the default option to optimize the HTML code rendered by MonoX
Changelog for MonoX 4.1.2741 (released on 2011-25-05):
- Fixed AutoEventWireup infrastructure
- Fixed revisioning/change approval feature
- Fixed localization in file upload parts
- Fully structured CSS theming and templating: MonoX styling changes are now much easier to implement, as each Web part has its own independent styling section
- Support for custom medium trust environments
Changelog for MonoX 4.0.2580 (released on 2011-04-04):
- Fixed installation wizard to support ports other than 80
- Fixed URL rewriting to support international characters
- Fixed privacy level localizations
- OpenSocial support (more about MonoX ASP.NET support for OpenSocial can be found here).
- MonoX for ASP.NET 4.0 installation is now available for download.
- MonoX simple API has been exposed so users can easily take advantage of MonoX resources. Currently supported features: MonoX core, membership, groups, events.
- New event calendar Web part added to the module gallery.
- Content sharing infrastructure.
- Blog post filter has been added for administrators and blog editors.
- Added DynamicPaqer and Full SEO pager templates to default theme.
- Implemented full support for pager templates and pager customization via personalization on Blog, Discussion, Photo Gallery and Social networking modules.
- Separate installation procedures for .NET 4.0 and 3.5.
Changelog for MonoX 4.0 (released on 2011-01-06):
- Social networking invitation lists visibility has been fixed.
- Fixed caching and cache invalidation on some modules.
- Fixed security issue (visibility issue) related to Discussion topic module inside the Group module.
- Fixed photo gallery privacy permissions.
- Discussion message and topic total counts are fixed.
- Page management folder listings are fixed.
- Fixed Web part visibility issue (hidden and visibility properties are separated to avoid collisions with the personalization system).
- Fixed discussion topic / board file upload issue.
- Fixed Active Directory membership provider to support scenarios where Web server is placed in the DMZ, added caching support to this provider.
- Fixed numerous smaller bugs that are specific to .NET framework 4.0.
This version is a major upgrade. The following major new features were added:
- New discussion system: besides changed look and feel, it can now support complex usage scenarios and features like voting, closing, moderation, reputation, reporting, syntax highlighting and mail alerting.
- New social networking features: comments, ratings, tags and related content Web parts are now universal and can be used with custom controls. They support both programmatic control and Web part connection scenarios.
- More customization properties are added to all parts in the gallery.
- Personalization system is redesigned to support scenarios in which non-admin users need to edit partial content (Web parts or whole pages)
- Sample starter projects (basic solution, localization sample)
In addition, the following items were fixed and/or added:
- Fixed privacy level visibility on user profile modules
- New membership navigation in the sample site header
- Fixed folder presmision problems in the installation procedure
- Changed personalization provider so it includes AbsolutePath as a default key, added varyByCustom parameters to web.config personalization provider attributes
- Fixed Message.Show functionality in scenario when user provides a custom message URL
- UserManager and RoleManager utilities fixed to support multi-portal environments
- Added better full text search parameter handling to search providers and optimized SQL queries
- Fixed administration screens grid rebinding
- Redesigned anti-spam functionality to support all comment modules and discussion boards
- Fixed password reminder part
- Rating control is now available as standard rating control for all MonoX modules (Blog, Discussion, News etc.)
- Extended SnRelationship structures with additional relations
- Generic templates to App_Templates
- Support for manipulation of editor zones in the toolbox and better support for personalization category attributes. ConnectionSample.aspx includes a sample that illustrates its usage.
- Changed the styling of the administrative toolbar and all editors that are displayed in it
- Changed sorting in property editor grids by WebDisplayName
- Generic IFrame Web part
- Improved content sharing control
- Improved RSS reader part with support for Atom feeds (in addition to RSS 1 and 2)
- Implemented SyntaxHighlighter functionality
- The ability to show detailed error message output to the non administrator users is included
- Fixed bug related to the toggle visibility client-side functionality (Wall, Comments, ...)
- Full support for ActiveDirectory integration
- Optimized tag generator code
- Support for nVelocity templating language in the MonoX templating system, allows for "repeatable" sections to be included in all templates
- Support for customization of all MonoX pages by exposing key events and allowing users to manipulate them in various Global.asax event handlers
- Changes to the main script manager to allow for switching to Telerik's script manager that can aggregate all Telerik scripts and CSS files
- Implemented event subscribe engine
- Fixed bug with setting Web part visibility interactively; added support for localization rewriting to navigation and HTML editor
- Localization solution that can be used to manually translate the resource from the VS Resource Editor
- Page test functionality added to the Page management section
- New "related content" Web part
- All module gallery Web parts now support the personalization ApplyChanges event
- MonoX search now supports SearchParams that are used to transfer extra parameters to all search providers
- Optimized image resizing
- Redesigned news system
- Fixed reset personalization option in page managemen
- Changes to personalization to allow non-admin users to edit specific parts
- Changes to Web part communication infrastructure to allow comments and similar "consumer" parts to be attached to custom "provider" parts