We are happy to announce a major upgrade to MonoX content management system and social networking framework. This version includes the following:
- total redesign of the discussion system: besides changed look and feel, it can now support complex usage scenarios and features like voting, closing, moderation, reporting, syntax highlighting and mail alerting.
- more social networking features: comments, ratings, tags and related content Web parts are now universal and can be used with custom controls. They support both programmatic control and Web part connection scenarios.
- more customization properties are added to all parts in the gallery.
- personalization system is redesigned to support scenarios in which non-admin users need to edit partial content (Web parts or whole pages)
- indroduction of sample starter projects (basic solution, localization sample)
- dozens of smaller changes and bug fixes
Many of the changes introduces in this version are based on our users' feedback. We will soon introduce the new version of our main site with improved social networking features, so please do not hesitate to contact us with your your comments and requests.