I need custom attributes for my portal users which are not present in the default installation: for example, city, gender, custom avatar, etc. This means that I have to have those fields on the registration screen and also on the profile parts. How to achieve this?
I'll try to describe the easiest way of doing this in few (relatively) short steps:
1. In the root folder of the MonoX CMS create your project specific folder (in the most cases we name it by the name of the project)
2. As we will be working with the Membership Web part we will need to create a sub folder called WebParts (to distignuish ordinary UserControls from WebParts )
3. Copy the "MembershipEditor.ascx" WebPart from the "\Portal\MonoX\ModuleGallery\Membership\MembershipEditor.ascx" to your Web parts folder
4. Create your codebehind file that will hold all your custom code etc. (don't forget to change the "Inherits" property inside the mark-up of "MembershipEditor.ascx")
5. In the mark-up file you can add your own controls (city, etc.) e.g.
"margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"
"width: 60%; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; text-align: left;"
for="<%= chNewsletter.ClientID %>"><%= Resources.DefaultResources.Registration_Label_NewsletterSubscription %></
for="<%= chkRememberMe.ClientID %>"><%= Resources.DefaultResources.MembershipEditor_RememberMe%></
sender, MembershipModuleEventArgs e)
Thanks, that was what I was looking for.